I am presenting hereunder a very alarming and awesome case of an infant but with very encouraging and miraculous result.
On 4th February 2005 a labor class man came to my clinic and asked for medicine for his baby, and told me his inability to take her to some hospital due to his constraints to meet the expenses. I asked him to bring the child for examination.
The patient was brought it was a female infant 15 days old. It was crying continuously due to her trouble.
She had extensive inflammation on her left upper arm and left scapula with much swelling. Pus was running out from a number of openings, two openings were quite large. (Photo No. 1).
On enquiry I was told that this condition developed in past four days only. Apart from these the infant had numerous other angry boil like eruptions all over her back especially on lumber region due to all these the infant was continuously crying.
Looking her condition I was very much afraid, but to see what homoeopathy could do for the poor fellow I decided to take risk at least for a day. I prescribed Anthracinum 30 four hourly. I gave six powders containing two/three globules of No. 10 size to be given every four hours in a little water and asked to bring the baby next day. On 5th February 2005 that is after 24 hours there was noticeable improvement in the condition of the infant. She was comparatively at ease and the running of pus was also slightly less. At this stage a video clip was taken. The photo No. 1 is from this video clip. Now Anthracinum 30 was continued thrice daily.
Improvement continued on 12th February i.e. on 8th day of treatment video clip was again taken and the condition of the eruption was as shown in Photo No. 2.
Now, the medicine was given for four days, to be given at an interval of 12 hours.
After 12th February no report was received till 28th February whence a new boil started erupting the previous day, this new eruption was not as violent as the previous one.
The previous inflammation was gone and the fearful openings healed nicely shortly after 12th February, as shown in photo No. 3 (from the video clip taken on 28thFebruary).
When the child was brought on 4th March, 2005 the boil seen coming up on 28th February had burst and discharged the matter and was on the way to healing, as shown in photo No. 4 (from the video clip taken on 4th March).
March, 8th 2005 the wound seen on 4th March has healed nicely.
When the infant was brought on 14th March 2005, her general health has much improved and the skin of her body has regained normal texture. Photo No. 5.
Note – I did not do any dressing of the wounds rather advised to wash often the wound with dilute solution of Hypericum Q. However the mother of the infant was also given a few doses of Anthracinum 200 to be taken once daily, in the beginning, as the child was totally dependent on mother’s feed.
This case proves the efficacy and the wonderful power of the natural laws of CURE invented by Hahnemann. This case also shows the dynamic healing powers of the infinitesimal dose. (As far dose is concerned, I give two or three globules of size No. 10 in a little sugar of milk as one dose.)
A few words about Anthracinum:-
Dr. H. C. Allen says in his “Materia Medica of Some Important Nosodes”.
- In carbuncle, malignant ulcer and complaints with ulceration, sloughing and intolerable burning.
- Malignant pustule: black or blue blisters; often fatal in twenty-four or forty-eight hours (Ech., Lach., Pyr.).
- Carbuncle: with horrible burning pains; discharge of ichorous offensive pus.
- Furuncles and all forms of boils, large and small.
- If the swelling changes color and red streaks from the wound map out the course of lymphatics (Ech., Lach., Pyr.).
- Hering says: “To call a carbuncle a surgical disease is the greatest absurdity. An incision is always injurious and often fatal. A case has never been lost under the right kind of treatment, and it should always be treated by internal medicine only”.
Under Skin Dr. H. C. Allen says -
- Skin of the affected part either hard or doughy.
- ||Carbuncle darkish red, greasy, and is often more eroded than ulcerated.
- |||Carbuncle with horrible burning pains; or discharge of ichorous offensive pus.