The American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery is pleased to announce the results of its 2005 Procedural Data. This information is collected by polling the Academy’s U.S.-based members and for the sixth year in a row, liposuction proved to be the nation’s top cosmetic surgical procedure with Botox? injections being the top non-surgical cosmetic procedure.
These numbers were released at the 22nd Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery in Orlando last week.
The report includes data on the prevalence of various cosmetic surgery procedures, with a breakdown of men and women. The survey also showed that of all cosmetic procedures performed, 30% were surgical, with the remaining 70% percent being non-surgical procedures, demonstrating the continued increase in popularity of non-invasive procedures. The increase in non-invasive procedures can be attributed to how quickly they can be done, taking between 10-20 minutes on average to complete a non-invasive cosmetic procedure.
The report also highlights the price ranges of the procedures performed.
The top four most performed cosmetic surgical procedures in 2005 include: liposuction, blepharoplasty, facelift and forehead lift; while the most popular non-surgical cosmetic procedures were Botox? injections, Restylane/Hylaform injections, chemical peels and fat injections.
The 2005 Procedural Data is based on a survey of U.S.-based AACS members completed in December 2005.
The American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery is a professional medical society whose members are dedicated to patient safety and physician education in cosmetic surgery. Most members of the AACS are dermatologic surgeons, facial plastic surgeons, head and neck surgeons, general surgeons, oral and maxillofacial surgeons, plastic surgeons, or ocular plastic surgeons — all of whom specialize in cosmetic surgery. AACS is an organization that represents all cosmetic surgeons in the American Medical Association through its seat in the AMA House of Delegates.