Chloasma is a type of skin discoloration (pregnancy mask), otherwise known as melasma. It appears during pregnancy due to hormonal changes. Women with darker skin are more likely to develop this condition. After delivery chloasma will fade, however some traces may still remain. It can also occur in women who are taking oral contraceptives.
Natural remedies you can use to treat chloasma, melasma or pregnancy mask
- Wash your face with sour milk. Lactic acid will provide gentle peeling effect without irritating or drying your skin.
- Lemon juice is a time proven freckle fighting remedy. It is not necessary to rub your skin with a piece of lemon. Applying the juice with your fingers will do the job.
- Fruit and vegetable masks (apricots, strawberries, cucumbers, red currant).
- Sour cream mask. Do not rinse this mask completely, just remove gently with a facial tissue, then apply a moisturizer. For oily skin – use lemon juice before applying the mask.
- Natural parsley juice (or parsley infusion) mixed with equal amounts of lemon juice, orange juice, and red currant juice under your favourite cream will help you keep your freckles or pregnancy mask invisible.
- Increase your Vitamin C intake. It makes your skin less sensitive to the sun. Foods rich in vitamin C include citrus fruits, apples, green onions, black and red currant, rosehip tea.